Tuesday 8 December 2015

MADVENT DAY 8: Christmas Gift Guide

Ahhh, ok I know that I'm really not very organised this year, and that I probably should have bought most of my presents already, but... well I just haven't...
Anyway, here are a few gift ideas that may be useful to you, if you're a tad crazy and left it to the middle of advent like me...


Lush - Golden Wonder gift box
I'v pretty much just picked out stuff that I know I would love to receive, but never the less, this Lush gift box would be perfect as a gift for anybody, young or old. It contains two fabulous smelling bath bombs: Golden Wonder and Star Dust, which are pretty much the most magical and low key christmassy bath bombs available at Lush.
 I reckon this is a pretty affordable present... I have very little dollar and so parting with my pounds can be quite difficult for me to cope with, but for something as pretty as this, I don't even care. Especially if it's going to somebody that you love.


Sainsbury's - Copper Pineapple Pot
This is a fab present for anybody that isn't really into makeup or beauty, or equally, anybody that loves home decor or just copper things. I know that I love copper, and although I literally have nowhere to put it, I would just love to get a beautiful copper pineapple. I feel like this would be perfect for anybody that has recently moved house, or maybe uni students? Having said that, I reckon this would be a pretty lovely gift for anybody, of any age, to receive.  It's the kind of unneccesary product that makes everything seem more homely. Plus, it doubles as a little yet roomy pot, which would be awesome for storing jewellery, makeup bits or even secret snacks...
 This is also a pretty affordable gift, and I think it cost around £18... Great stuff.


Seventeen - 'Easy on the Eye' Eyeshadow Palette
I kind of love this palette... It consists of 8 smoky powder shadows, 3 cream shadows and a primer. It even comes with a little brush! I have actually used this palette, and I would 100% not recommend the primer, however all of the shadows are lovely. I just think that compared to other primers, it's really slimy and kind of just doesn't prime... I put it on before trying the eyeshadow on top, and it all just smeared around, not pretty. I think this would be the perfect gift for somebody thats fairly new to makeup, as it is fairly cheap (around £7.99) and it includes a lovely range of colours, including all of the pretty basics that are easiest to master. It also comes with a little leaflet explaining the best ways to use the colours, which would have been totally useful for me when I first started using eyeshadows...
There's even another variation of this palette available that contains more golden and warm colours, which may be even more useful for beginners. Although, I probably wouldn't think that this palette is much use if you already have a few good quality palettes, because although this is great quality and affordable, there are definitely better shadows on offer...




Benefit - Pump up the Party! gift set
Now, I got very excited when this arrived in the post! For one, its incredibly beautiful, and just looking at the way all the products fit in the tin is magical, but also, everybody knows benefit products are amazing quality and feel great when you wear them. This lovely set includes:
High Beam highlighter
Benetint cheek and lip stain
Rockateur blush
Roller Lash mascara
POREfessional primer
Eyeshadows in shades: milk it!, nude swings, it's complicated, and kiss me, I'm tipsy

So you see, a wonderful collection of stuff! I honestly believe that this would be a lovely present for anybody that's even remotely interested in makeup. It includes everything you'd need for a basic look, and even comes with a brush for the eyeshadows and blush! Perfect!
Now, this is a little more pricey than any of the others, and costs £29.50, but I reckon, its most definitely worth it, for the look on the recipients face, if not for the quality of the products.




Disaronno 
Ok! Woah, it's got WILD all of a sudden! PLEASE don't buy this for anybody that's underage, or attempt to buy if you are underage! DONT DO IT!
However, if you are buying responsibly, I know that this would be a lovely present for somebody that enjoys a nice drink... My mum loves Disaronno, and this was actually her Christmas present last year, with the limited edition Versace packaging. She loves it.
This is definitely a gift for somebody that enjoys the drink, and it's worth knowing this about the person before you go on to buy it for them, but definitely a lovely gift to enjoy on Christmas Day!
(Pleased drink responsibly)


Dior - Miss Dior eau de parfum
Again, this is a gift that is more costly, and you probably want to know what kind of scents your recipient likes before buying a gift like this... But, perfume is always a winner! For me, perfume lasts forever, so it's a gift that keeps on giving and that you can appreciate all through the year, lovely. There are quite literally millions of perfumes available out there, and once you've found the one you love, it can be difficult to branch out and try a new scent, and you might tend to stick to similarly smelling scents. (Don't get me wrong, theres nothing wrong with that!) My mum is one of those people. She's found the perfume she loves and keeps repurchasing it over and over. However, this is a new one that my dad bought for her at duty free (yassss) and she loves it! I haven't actually had a whiff of this one to recommend it to you, but it's just an idea...

Song of the Day - Vampire Weekend // A-Punk

M
x

No comments:

Post a Comment