Saturday 5 December 2015

MADVENT DAY 5: Twisty Party Up-do

Day 5 and its getting a little bit more festive... We all know that Christmas is PARTY SEASON! 
So, today I thought I'd show a really quick and easy twisty up-do that you can whip out for all of the lovely parties coming up.


It looks a little bit like this, and all it requires is a few pins and either one of those poppable sausage bun nets or a large elasticated headband. For mine, I used a donut ring that undoes to make a sausage shape. Personally, I prefer this method because it makes the twist look way more full and luscious. However, the headband would be much more effective if you were going for the messy, windswept look. That one's completely up to you.
Its very easy to achieve this twist and make it look good in just a few minutes. All I did was brush my hair out so that it was pushed back over my head, and rolled the sausage up from the ends of my hair up to the top of my neck. Then, to make sure everything is stuck in place, all you need to do is whack a few pins and grips in, and fiddle around with it until it looks the way you want it to!
If you want to use the elasticated headband method, simply place the band around your head, but on top of the hair. Next, and this is really simple, all you do is tuck the ends of your hair into the band, until it covers it completely at the base of your head. It might be useful to use a few hair pins here to hold it all in place. Hairspray would also be quite useful here as well. You should still be able to see the band around the top of your head, so I feel like this  would look especially christmassy and pretty with a sparkly headband or maybe some pretty flowers? You could even brush some glitter over the twist to make it extra festive!
Also, if you really wanted to jazz it out a bit, you could perhaps pull out some small sections of hair, or fringey bits from the front and loosely curl them? Mmm that sounds like a right good idea.
So, let me know if you recreate this look, and how you got on with it! I'd really love to see them...

Song of the Day - Walk the Moon // Shiver Shiver

M
x

1 comment: