Thursday 17 December 2015

MADVENT DAY 17: What's on my face?

Festive edition! Here's everything that will be on my face this weekend... (only 8 more days what????)


I know that I've showed most of this before, so I'll stick to what's new. 
For a lovely glittery eye, I love Bourjois' Intense eyeshadow in shade 01 - It's a gorgeous gold shimmer shade that's kind of translucent, so it adds a pretty hint of colour if you don't want to go all out. But, it's also great because you can keep packing on layers to make it more opaque or bold, if that's the look you're going for...
Next, onto bronzer. I've recently been using No.7 Perfectly Bronzed Dual Bronzer. Mmmm I love this. One half of the compact is shimmery and more of a highlighter, and the other half is much more matte and more of a dark terracotta colour. When you swirl them together on a massive face and body brush, it adds a beautiful glow to your skin, or you can be more precise with an angled brush to create a banging contour... It really is perfect for either!
Another few products that I have been loving are the Loreal Volume Million Lashes mascara and Super Liner. These bad boys came as a set, and they really work fab together. I wear eyeliner almost everyday, so mine tend to dry out pretty quickly and I was in dire need of a replacement. Luckily, I stumbled across the set. Being completely honest, it has taken some time to get used to them. I found that the eyeliner tip was a lot shorter than my previous one, so it was a bit harder to control, but it really stays in place all day, and the colour stays well, which is all you really need in an eyeliner. The mascara was a lot harder to get used to... The brush is curved and plastic, and I just didn't get on with it at first. I used to get it all over my eyelids and I didn't really have any control. I ended up sticking a lot of eyelashes together with this stuff. But, I have learned from my experiences! Now I know the best way to use it to work for me, and we're doing just fine.
The last product that I need to tell you about is the Maybelline Brow Drama eyebrow mascara. This stuff is magical. It is exactly what it says, being a tiny mascara brush for your eyebrows! All I do is sweep this through my brows, sculpting them into the shape that I want, and thats all they need! I have the gel in medium brown, but I think it's also available in a blonde, dark brown and transparent shade.  Personally, I think the best thing about the gel is that it actually manages to make your brows look thicker, by catching all of the tiny, invisible hairs around the brow, that you probably didn't even know where there...
I hope you enjoy posts like this! I know that I could talk for weeks about some of these bits :)

Song of the Day - Hozier // Cherry Wine

M
x

No comments:

Post a Comment