Saturday 19 December 2015

MADVENT DAY 18: Ice Skating

Firstly, SO MANY APOLOGIES FOR TODAY BEING LATE!
Secondly, let me tell you about my day yesterday... It was wonderful! We had a half day at school, so we took advantage of the extra time and caught the train into Cambridge! Arriving just in time for lunch, we whipped straight to Wagamamas, a group favourite, and enjoyed four lovely Katsu curries (It's the only thing I've ever tried off the menu, and I love it too much to try anything else...)
We then had a little bit of time for some christmas shopping, and amusement rides before the TORMENT. 
You could say that I'm not one for sports... You could definitely say that I'm no good on two feet, so just imagine what I'm like on a pair of blades... Hmmm. 
If you are a hardcore blog reader, you might remember my story about skiing. This went sort of the same way, in that I was absolutely terrified and wobbly. I spent a good 20 minutes hugging the rail and scooting along a few inches at a time, before I finally agreed to let Ellie drag me around the centre of the rink, and get a little bit of confidence up... (Thanks el, love you man) After that, I WAS A NINJA! Whipping around all over the place. 
Nah, I wouldn't say that was 100% true, but I definitely got better and had time for a few decent laps before our 45 minutes was up. I kind of don't want to admit it but I did have a lot of fun on the ice :)

Unfortunetely, we didn't really get a chance to get any good photos of ice skating, but we did manage to get this rather cute selfie, and a few snaps of TERRIFYING rides that Hat and Hol had the guts to brave... 




Song of the Day - Catfish and the Bottlemen // Pacifier

M
x


No comments:

Post a Comment