Monday 21 December 2015

MADVENT DAY 20: Gift Wrapping Ideas

It's getting incredibly close now, and I'm still very much panicking because I'm very unprepared... I've still got presents ordered that haven't arrived yet...
I thought that I'd show you my favourite quick and easy ways to wrap gifts, especially useful if you are stressing about time and you have limited equipment and funds... I've got three different ways that  are all slightly different, but I feel that they all kind of compliment each other.


The first one is the simplest... This can be done with any paper, but I prefer to use plain papers, with gold and brown being my favourite. All you need to do is wrap the present, like you normally would, before wrapping around several lengths of parcel string and tying in a bow. I've used a classic brown string, mixed with a christmassy red, and black and white striped string. Then to finish the parcel off, I used a black piece of card, which I cut into a label shape, and wrote on a message with a white gel pen.


This next one is very similar, but a sort of step up... I wrapped the present normally, then cut out a triangle stamp shape from some sturdy card. I then dipped it into a blob of white paint, and gently printed this over the gift, just in a random pattern. I repeated with a smaller triangle and gold paint over the top of the white ones.  It might be more useful to paint the paper before you wrap the present, especially if it's an awkward shape or delicate, but for the sake of time saving, I just printed it straight on to the present, and finished it off with a label in the same way as the previous one, and a bow from lots of string folded over.


This one is quite different to anything I've done before and I actually really like it! All I've done is taken a square of fabric (admittedly, festive print fabric would have been more appropriate) and I tied it in a knot around the present, tucking in loose edges to make it look neater. I reckon this would be quite useful for odd shaped presents, like this little mug, but it could definitely work for something sturdy and square, like a book.
I told you they were pretty simple.
I hope you like them!

Song of the Day - Years and Years // Take Shelter

M
x

No comments:

Post a Comment