Wednesday 16 December 2015

MADVENT DAY 16: More Than This

This is a book that changed my life. Only in a small way, but still, this changed my outlook on life quite considerably. 

Patrick Ness - More Than This

I always look for a good book or two before a holiday, and this just happened to be one of the recommended ones in Waterstones a few years ago when I looked. I though it seemed like a good story when I read the blurb, and I know you shouldn't, but I totally judged this book by it's cover. I just thought that it looks so pretty, which is most of the reason that I picked it up.
Anyway, fast forward a few weeks and there I am, sat on a sun bed in Morocco, feeling all of the emotions that it is humanly possible to feel. All because of this bloody brilliant book.

I don't want to explain too much because nobody likes spoilers, but I'll give you a little bit of the blurb...
"A boy drowns, desperate and alone in his final moments. He dies. 
Then he wakes, naked and bruised and thirsty, but alive.
How can this be? And what is this strange deserted place?
As he struggles to understand what is happening, the boy dares to hope.
Might this not be the end? Might there be more to this life, or perhaps this afterlife?"

I cannot express to you how beautiful this book is. If I can recommend only one thing, I would ask that you pick up and read this book. 
I'll leave you with just this, because I don't really know how to put my admiration into words.
Please, take Mister John Green's advice, and 'just read it'


Song of the Day - Bombay Bicycle Club // Lights Out, Words Gone

M
x

1 comment:

  1. I was actually totally going to buy this last year!!!

    ReplyDelete