Friday 4 December 2015

MADVENT DAY 4: The 1975

(DISCLAIMER: Ok, don't expect much in terms of pictures for this one... I didn't bring my camera, and well... my phone was not quite up to scratch. However, I have got one photo, and I need to point out that it's not mine. I think it might have been from one of the band accounts, but it definitely is of the night that we went.)

Woohoo! If you know me at all, you'll probably know that I love bands, and The 1975 are up there with my top 3 favourites of all time, so needless to say, I was immensely excited. We had been counting down since June, and finally, 6 months later, Thursday 19th November rolled around and WE WERE BUZZING. For extra excitement, we all trooped back to the Langworthy's for a lovely meal and to get ready for the rave up. (Thanks guys!)
We caught the train into Cambridge and soon found ourselves at the Corn Exchange, ready for something amazing. 
The opening act was RAT BOY. I've got to admit, I wasn't particularly looking forward to these guys, and I completely had no idea what to expect. I thought it might be some kind of rapper? I was pleasantly surprised when four lovely boys sprung on stage and started playing their music. I'm so ridiculously bad at describing music that I'm not going to even attempt it, but I would definitely recommend that you look them up. I loved their stuff, and it was a truly fab atmosphere that they created. Great work boys.



Anyway, the bit that we were most excited for arrived and the guys popped up on stage. THE 1975 WERE ONLY A FEW METRES IN FRONT OF US HElP. There was a huge build up , which did exactly what it was supposed to do, and everybody was going mad with the suspense. They then whipped right in with their latest single, Love Me, which literally drove the crowd MENTAL. As soon as the plingy intro played, I just lost track of everything and fell into a spiral of despair, love, very nearly a few tears and actual jumping.
I haven't been to many gigs in my lifetime, but I can honestly say, without a shadow of a doubt that it was the best concert that I have ever experienced. 100% loved it, could not recommend it more. I just want to live this day over and over again, forever. Thinking about it now makes me very sad that its over. C'mon lads, come back to Cambridge for us please.

Of course, we couldn't have a Song of the Day be anything other than The 1975, so today I've picked Menswear. This was the song that made me fall in love with the band, Matty and the whole experience.
The 1975 // Menswear

M
x

No comments:

Post a Comment