Monday 21 December 2015

MADVENT DAY 21: Hot Chocolate

Yay! I think we are finally caught up!

Ok, so this post is all about hot chocolate. My family recently travelled down to Cornwall (without me, cri), and brought back eight packets of hot chocolate stirrers, which apparently were amazing and what most of the cafes sold. So, I thought that I'd give one a go!
They are basically just a block of chocolate on a stick, and look like what you can see below...
To make one glass, fill up a cup with milk, and either microwave this until it is hot enough to melt the chocolate, or pour the milk into a pan and heat it on the hob. I totally underestimated how long this would take and had to wait for about 10 minutes before mine got warm enough, but once its done, pour it back into the glass and pop in the stirrer. Leave the stick for about 20 seconds to soften, before gently swirling around in the milk until all of the chocolate is melted. It does collect on the top, which doesn't look particularly pretty, but it truly does taste amazing. To finish it off and make it an extra treat, I added a squirt of whipped cream and some marshmallows. Lovely.


Song of the Day - Vampire Weekend // Finger Back

M
x

No comments:

Post a Comment