Wednesday 23 December 2015

MADVENT DAY 23: Christmas GRWM

I'VE BEEN BOLD TODAY. I've tried a new makeup look, with a half smokey eye. I feel liberated with this. Powerful. Let me show you everything.
I started off with the base the same as I usually do - a little bit of BB cream, bronzer, blush and highlighter - then used the Urban Decay eyeshadow primer on my lids, just to make sure that everything stays in place.
I then used my Naked palette for the whole eye look. I started with Half Baked - a gorgeous bronze gold shade - in the inner third of my lid, and kept packing this on until the colour was really concentrated. I then used Naked, a completely nude shade, to blend this out and act as a transition colour, before going in with Creep, which is the closest colour to black that I own. It's basically a very dark shimmery grey, but it works very well for a smokey eye. I used a diagonal flat brush and drew on a line as if I was using it as eyeliner, before filling in the gap between the nude and the line. Then, using a big fluffy eyeshadow brush, I spent a few years blending it all until it looked soft and there were no hard lines. Then, to add definition to the lash line, I added a thin line of black eyeliner, following the diagonal of the eyeshadow for the wing. Of course, I added tons of mascara to make sure that my eyelashes looked nice and bold. Finally, to finish off the eyes, I took a flat brush and some of the Creep shade, and dabbed this into the inner third of my eye, in the water line. This is something that I'd never done before and made my eyes water like crazy, but it really helps to define the eye and add an extra bit of sexy smokiness.
I then went in to do my eyebrows the same way as ever, but I did make them a little bit darker than I normally would, to match the darkness of my eyes today.
Then, to finish off all of the makeup, I used a little bit of MAC - Velvet Teddy, and slightly over-lined my lips with a liner of the same shade.



To complete the look, I'm wearing a knee length black swing dress with a roll neck. This was a summer purchase from Asos and I haven't found that I've been able to wear it very often, as it's more of an occasion dress, but tonight is an occasion so its pretty perfect! I've also worn these sandal heels from Next, which again, are fairly summery, but I can't wear tights with this dress, as its quite an awkward length and I look a bit nun-like with them, so these shoes work quite well!


Song of the Day - The Kooks // Murderer

M
x






No comments:

Post a Comment