Tuesday 15 December 2015

MADVENT DAY 15: Christmas Lipsticks


I love lipstick. I don't know whether I've expressed this enough. I just love them, and I love winter even more because it gives an excuse to wear much bolder colours more confidently. Here I have three lovely bold colours that I know I'll be wearing over the festive period. Let me show you...


We'll start with a classic. Pure red. I use this Ted Baker red and it is literally the most red red I've ever swatched. I've never found any lip product that matches its redness. It is just the reddest. It's quite a bold red, meaning that you need to be extra careful when you apply it. Any tiny mistake will show with this, but I find that if you just take a little bit of concealer on a tiny detailer brush, you can normally hide any slips!


Dark berry colours seem to be hard to come by unless you want to spend some serious dollar, but recently, I've seen them cropping up a lot more often. This is good, as I love a good berry lip. I use another Ted Baker lip product for this look, as shown above. I feel like the kiss print really shows how much bigger my lower lip is than the top. Oops. Oh well. 
I think that for me, a colour like this is easier to wear out with confidence than a red, but I'm still trying and one day I'll be able to leave the house with no doubts about my lip choice.


 This is by far the most far out colour. Here we have a gold shimmery shade that I bought a few years ago from Avon. I was slightly mislead when purchasing this, because the name 'Cafe Au Lait' sort of made me think it would be a nice nude shade. Needless to say, I was a tad shocked when it arrived, but I think I've found a way to make it work...
It's definitely easier to wear this shade closer to Christmas, especially if you are wearing it as just pure gold. However, an easier and more casual way of wearing it that I have found is to create a sort of ombre effect by dabbing it in the centre of your lips with the red lipstick underneath. If you get it to blend nicely, it actually looks really pretty!


Song of the Day - Our Last Night // Habits (Stay High)

M
x

No comments:

Post a Comment