Sunday 10 January 2016

Skincare Routine

WE'RE BACK AND IT'S A NEW YEAR AND I FEEL GREAT! 
I'm going to start off this year with something that I never really talk about: skincare! I think that most of the reason that I've never really talked about it before is because I've never really cared about it. I used to just live life thankful for relatively clear skin, and not really caring when I got the occasional spot. Then it hit me. The spots came flooding in and my skin was dreadful for quite a long time. Unfortunately, this was worsened by the fact that I was stressed about exams and boys and hormones kicked in and played their part every month (thanks guys), and I ended up desperately slapping on any product that I could find.
It's no secret that my skin isn't the best, but I think its getting better and I reckon I've found the right products that work for me...


Soap and Glory - Facial Wash
Soap and Glory - Deep Cleansing Milk
Benefit - Facial Scrub
Simple - Face Moisturiser

Ok, so to start off the day, I'll use the Soap and Glory facial wash. It's pretty much the same as most other face washes, in that all you do is take a grape sized amount and massage it onto damp skin, before rinsing it off. I love this so much, mostly due to the amazing smell. It's supposed to be Yuzu scented. I have no idea what Yuzu is or what it's supposed to smell like, but it's just fruity and lovely and fresh. All I'm looking for in a face wash really.
Next, I'll move on to moisturiser. Again, I never used to bother with moisturiser because I had very oily skin. Big mistake Mol. I ended up with skin that was both really dry and gross and really oily and gross. That was a terrible time. Thankfully, I came to my senses eventually and I've been using different Simple moisturisers ever since. At the moment, I'm using this little squeezy tube of Simple. It doesn't really smell of anything and I sort of picked it up by chance in a desperate dash around Boots, but it works and I'm pretty happy with it.
Alright then, now for removing makeup... Oh boy, this is a product that has changed my life. I always used to just use a makeup wipe to remove all of my makeup, and that was it for skin care for the whole night. I mean, I didn't actually wear that much makeup back then, but I still regret it. These days, I still use makeup wipes, usually Simple ones, but I only use them to really get rid of heavy eye makeup because I have found my favourite product in the world. Soap and Glory's Peaches and Cream cleanser ohmygod i love it. All you do is squirt a little bit into your hand and massage it into your skin. It instantly 'melts away makeup' and makes your face feel so lovely and clean. It even smells like dreams (peaches and cream). It is a true pleasure to rub this on my face. 
That would usually be my routine for one day, but I am still on the hunt for a really good night cream, so please ket me know if you've got any recommendations!
However, things change slightly on a Sunday. I never wear any makeup on Sundays, so I tend to skip the makeup wipes and cleanser and use Benefit facial scrub instead. It says that you should try to use it once or twice a week, and I've found that just applying on a Sunday night works best for me and makes me feel ready for the dreadful week ahead. It's one of those ones with the scratchy exfoliating blobs in and it helps to slur away any little spots and stuff. I've got to admit, I'm not particularly keen on the smell, but the product itself is good enough for that to be overlooked, never fear. Although, my mum loves the smell so I reckon its just a personal preference thing.
So, there we go! That's pretty much everything I use to try and get my face looking good!

Song of the Day - Fyfe Dangerfield // She's Always a Woman

M
x

No comments:

Post a Comment