Sunday 17 January 2016

5 things i've learnt to appreciate...


1. Sunsets
More specifically, sunsets in Cornwall. It's just one of those beautiful, calming things to watch the sun set and know that tomorrow will be a completely new day. And even better, the colours! I've got so many pictures of sunsets but my favourite has to be this stunning purple-y one after a day of particularly moody weather in Cornwall.

2. Bras that fit
(Probably not going to add a picture for this one...)
You may well be thinking "Hang on Mol, this has taken an uncomfortable turn."
Let me explain. I've got difficult boobs. They just never seem to be comfortable. Unknowingly, I was wearing the wrong sized bras for months. I sort of knew that they were uncomfortable, but when I went to get fitted and the lady with the tape measure around her neck gasped, I knew something was wrong. Since then, I've made sure that my bras are always comfy, but also fit well. I know the pain of an uncomfy bra and it's safe to say that I'm not going back. I don't want another taste of that hellish boob trap and I've really come to appreciate comfy boobs.


3. Time
It's so hard for me to do nothing without feeling guilty any more. It feels like there's always something that I need to be doing, and A levels have not helped this at all. This is why I've come to cherish any single bit of spare time that I get. Any day without extra work (although there is always work to be done) feels great. Recently, I've got myself hooked on several TV programmes, which again, really doesn't help my situation. I need more time, but meanwhile, he's a little throwback to when I had all the time in the world. Literally 8 weeks of not needing to do anything.


4. People
I really hope all of the important people in my life know how much I appreciate them. I'm at my happiest when I'm with friends, and I know that I would be completely happy if I was plonked in a room with nothing but some pals. They're all just so constantly lovely and special and there's nothing I love more than making time to see them outside of school. It's pretty fair to say that everybody gets on each other's nerves some of the time but regardless, it's a huge relief to come out of a particularly stressful lesson and find a group of beautiful, smiley personalities sat waiting for you to cheer you up.


5. Photographs
This one links very well with people (Yet you get a lovely picture of another sunset!). I get moaned at to stop taking pictures constantly when out with people, but its one of those things that I love. I love to have pictures of people when they're happy, when they're not looking,  when they're laughing and when they're doing all those hilarious little faces that they'd never do for the camera. I know deep down they love having pictures of themselves and they appreciate it really... I know I love it when somebody takes a picture of me and it turns out actually ok.
I like to fill my room with pictures. I've got all sorts of photos up, but the most common are pictures of me and friends when we're really truly happy, or memories that I don't ever want to forget. One of my aims for this year is to take one picture every day. Does't matter what it's of, but just one picture so that at the end of the year, I can look back and remember one thing from every day.

Song of the Day - Hard-Fi // Cash Machine

M
x


2 comments: