Tuesday 1 September 2015

August Favourites 2015

It's been quite a while since we last did a favourites post, but theres a reason for that... I haven't really found anything new that I've been loving. Until now! I've collected up eight of my favourite products that I have been loving throughout the month and I've got them here for you all to see!

BEAUTY:


Maybelline Colorsensational lip liner - 132 Sweet Pink
Maybelline Colour Drama lip pencil - 630 Nude Perfection
I love these products. You know Kylie Jenner's signature lip look? These are perfect for recreating that, without the fillers. I use these together, with the liner to slightly overdraw on the lips, and the lip pencil to fill the rest in. I know, I know, overdrawing lips can be a risky business, but I find that this pencil is great for it, because it doesn't look too unnatural, and its great for making the lips look that little bit fuller. The lip pencil is VERY matte, so if you're a little wary of matte lipsticks, this probably isn't the one for you. However, I was a little apprehensive about using this because I'd heard reviews that it can dry your lips out after wearing, but I've been using it non stop for weeks and I haven't noticed it, so I guess its down to the nature of your lips?

FASHION:


Gold Disk Bracelet
Unfortunately, I don't know exactly where I got this from, because I bought it from a little jewellery stand in Camden Market. I have sort of fallen in love with this bracelet... I never thought that I'd like a piece of jewellery like this, as most of my bits are homemade friendship bracelets and I don't really own any metallic jewellery. Thats probably why I love it so much, and it goes with everything. Its an all round fab thing to have on your wrist.


Urban Outfitters - Tiny Black Studs
I'm going to be honest and admit that I only bought these so that my order reached a total that would earn me free delivery. However, I do not regret this decision in the slightest. They literally go with everything, black always does! But don't get me wrong, they are SO TINY! The spike is literally only a few millimetres smaller than the stud. I feel like these earrings would be perfect for a second ear piercing, as they are definitely smaller than most of the other ones you may own. I think they also came in a silver and a diamond variation if you're interested. (Seriously tiny!)


Urban Outfitters - Medium Urban Renewal Vintage Re-Made Leather Tote Bag
(Thats a bit of a mouthful)
This bag is beautiful. I have never seen anything like it or felt such an emotional attachment to a bag. Its pretty perfect. Its got two reasonably sized pockets on the inside to keep little bits, but the rest of the bag is huge, which is fab because I bought it with school in mind. Its plenty big enough to fit several large folders and a laptop and anything else you may need! The only thing I'm slightly worried about is that it doesn't have a lining, and I know that school stuff can get pretty heavy, so I'm not sure if it can take the weight, but I'll test it out for a while and get back to you on that...


MISCELLANEOUS:



 Caramel Pecan Candle
I bought this lovely candle from a little shop in St Ives, Cornwall (and I've completely forgotten the name, sorry!) but I knew from the first sniff that I needed this in my life. It literally smells like my birthday. I'm not sure why, because there's NO connection between the two. I think it might be cake? Its sort of a warm cake smell? Either way, I love it.



Skinny Dip - Black Glitter Case
I had very high hopes when I ordered this case, because I'd heard great things about Skinny Dip, and i was not disappointed. Although the case is fairly bulky, and somewhat ruins the sleekness of the phone, I am fairly amused by the funky moving glitter and stars and its always great to add something fun to something that you use everyday.


Poppy Treffry - Big Useful Purse
Another purchase from Cornwall, and I feel like this perfectly captures Cornwall's essence. It is what it says on the tin really. Its just a big useful purse, and its probably going to become home to a few of my pens.


Polagram postcards
Finally, and possibly my favourite favourite are these fab postcards from Polagram. (Which I think has now been renamed Lalalab?) A few months ago, I downloaded the app and ordered some polaroid style prints from here, which were all great quality and awesome because you can professionally print out any photo from your mobile and get it sent to you within a few days. I sort of forgot about the app for a while, but when I was sorting through my apps I rekindled my love for it and ordered two postcards, with two of my most favourite pictures recently, as a lovely reminder of how amazing those moments were.

M
x



No comments:

Post a Comment