Wednesday 19 August 2015

Iced Mocha and Iced Coffee Recipe


Well, if you know me, you will probably know that I'm a bit of a Starbucks addict, and I have no shame. I'm fairly sure the local Baristas can guess what I'm going to order every time - it's pretty much always the same. I love a good iced caramel macchiato. However, I used to be a bit of a Starbucks snob, and it would be the only place that I would order coffee. BUT, I have changed (I promise!) I've started to vary my coffee drinking venues, and noticed that iced coffees are on menus EVERYWHERE. 
I have had iced coffee at every possible turn, and every possible variation. 
I think I have perfected a recipe to make at home. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to make an iced caramel macchiato,  but I've got a right nice vanilla iced coffee for me, and a lovely mocha recipe for my brother...

Right, we're going to need:
Some kind of (pretty) mug or cup - I've chosen to use these beautiful Kilner jars
A little spoon
A kettle or coffee machine
Coffee (any kind you like really)
Ice cubes
Milk - semi skimmed is what I use to create a creamier taste
FOR ICED COFFEE - Flavoured vanilla syrup - I used Monin vanilla syrup
FOR ICED MOCHA - Hot chocolate powder - I used Options belgian chocolate powder

  • Pour 1tsp of coffee granules into your chosen glass. You could add more if you like a really strong coffee. 
  • If you want to make the mocha, add one heaped teaspoon of the chocolate powder to the coffee granules and stir the dry ingredients until combined.


  • Boil the kettle and fill the glass until half full, and stir to dissolve the coffee granules /and chocolate powder, if you are making the mocha.
  • If you are using a coffee machine, all you need to do is fill up your glass halfway.
  • Leave the coffee for a few minutes, just to cool down slightly.

  • Next, fill the cup almost to the brim with your chosen milk and stir to your liking.
  • If you are making the vanilla coffee, add in the syrup now. I just used a dash because this stuff is quite strong, so not much is needed, but this could vary for different syrups.

  • Add a few ice cubes in to keep the coffee cold, and VOILA! Your coffee's are ready!
If you wanted, you could add whipped cream to finish your coffees off, or maybe even some chocolate dusting?
I have no idea why these are the colour they are... They don't look particularly appetising, but they taste pretty good. Maybe more coffee was needed?
I also added in these cute little stripey straws to make drinking them more fun!





You may be able to tell from the jumper, but the weather here today is pretty pants, so maybe iced coffee wasn't the best decision, but this recipe is perfect for summer, and maybe into autumn? I can happily drink cold drinks all year round...


So, I hope you like these quick and incredibly easy recipes! If you try them, let me know in the comments how they turned out!

M
x

No comments:

Post a Comment