Sunday 20 September 2015

Favourite Autumn Look

Everybody loves autumn. I'm fairly sure that it's a fact.
Autumn has all the good stuff. Its got birthdays, halloween, fireworks night and is just cosy and nice in general. Perfect weather for jumpers and boots, and surprise surprise... Thats exactly what I've got for you today!


The Body Shop - Vanilla Eau de toilette
Ted Baker - lip chubby stick
Benefit - Girl meets Pearl highlighter
To me, spring and summer means fruity scents, and autumn and winter mean heavier, more spicy scents. This is why I love to wear my Body Shop Vanilla Eau de toilette as the weather gets more chilly - it may be madness, but I feel like a vanillary smell can even make you feel warmer? Anyway, I love this smell.
Benefit's girl meets pearl highlighter is perfect for brightening up your skin in the wintery months, when the weather can really dull it, and make you feel less radiant and beautiful! I simply pat a little bit of this onto the tops of my cheekbones, and we're ready to go. 
Now for the lips. Oh the lips... I do love a nice lipstick, but unfortunately, I never go for a very bold look as its easy to get nervous, especially if you're already not particularly confident. For this reason, I usually stick to nudes or paler tones, however, I have ever so slightly fallen in love with this Ted Baker lip pencil. I'm a bit disappointed that I have no idea what the shade is, so I'll never be able to repurchase it when I run out, but this lipstick is one of the best things that I've ever put on my lips. Its a gorgeous deep berry shade, sort of verging on brown? (I know, that doesn't sound fab, but it looks a lot nicer than you'd imagine!) The only problem that I have found with this lipstick is that I don't have any lip liners anywhere near as dark, and so it kind of always looks a little bit messy. 
Oh well, I'll master it eventually.


Urban Outfitters - ring multipacks (sorry, I don't have a clue what they were called)
Woohoo! Rings! I love rings because they seem to complete any outfit. Don't know how to finish off a look? Stick on a ring! Outfit looks too plain? Add a few rings! They truly do fix everything. These are my favourite and most worn rings, all from Urban Outfitters, bar the gold one, which happens to be a family hand-me-down. I find that Urban Outfitters is great for rings, and I often find myself lost online in a frenzy of ring multipacks and beautiful jewelled statement pieces.


Ok, so you could say that I don't really follow fashion, and I have a feeling that this picture will confirm any doubts you may have had about that. I don't know whether it is a complete fashion NO to roll jeans and have socks on full show, but these guys were truly too cute to not show off. I bought these socks as part of a five pack from next, and each pair is a different neutral tone, with an individual embroidered flower on one side. I don't normally opt for particularly girly clothes, but my heart set on these socks so I just had to get them. No regrets there, folks.


Topshop - Roll neck Jumper
Hippy Market - Gem necklace
These roll neck jumpers make up approximately 50% of my everyday autumn wardrobe. I bought this one last year and loved it so much that I ended up going back and buying two more in different colours. My favourite bit about them is that they are baggy, and baggy all over. I'm not a big fan of having things tight around my neck (sounds strange, I am aware), so I find that I especially love these jumpers because EVERYWHERE is baggy - even the rollneck. Ultimate comfort.
I thought that to perfectly finish off this autumn look, a neklace was needed. I love this clear gem, and I think that it goes really well with the jumper. Its super simple and kind of looks more tidy, with just a cord, and no clasp. It's one of those ones that you just pull the cord to adjust the length, which is fab because it means that you can wear it at any length to suit the outfit that you want. Another fab thing about the necklace was that it was EXTREMELY cheap, only 3 euros from the Ibizan Hippy Market. (sorry if you're not planning on travelling to Ibiza, I guess) 


So, there you have it... my favourite autumn look!
Let me know if you enjoyed it, and I'll see you next time!

M
x

No comments:

Post a Comment