Sunday 13 September 2015

Banana Pancakes (Gluten Free)

Woohoo! Another recipe! And even better, this one's also really quick and easy!
Ok, so today I have for you a lovely recipe for banana pancakes. Yay. They only require two ingredients, banana and eggs. You can whip them up in a matter of minutes with very little effort, so here goes...

To make approximately 6 reasonably sized pancakes, we are going to need...
4 eggs,
2 bananas,
a fork,
a large bowl,
a frying pan, and a little bit of oil.


1. First, peel your bananas, break them up into chunks and pop them in the bowl.


2. Use the fork to mash the bananas up until they are smooth and fairly sloppy. Here's how mine looked and they turned out pretty well...


3. Crack in your eggs and whisk until the mixture is smooth and resembles that of a regular pancake mix.


(Something like this I think, but bare in mind, theres likely to be a few lumps of banana hanging out in there)


4. Spray a little bit of your oil into the frying pan, and pour in your mixture until you have a large circle, about half a centimetre thick. Of course, you can make them any size you want, but this is the shape that I normally opt for.


5. I don't really know how long you should cook your pancakes for, because when I make them it varies with each one, but allow the mixture to solidify and brown slightly before flipping over the pancake and browning the other side.


Now this is the best bit...
Topping the pancake is always fun. You could literally put anything on them, and they'd probably still taste delicious. I've put together four fab toppings that you could experiment with.


This first one is a classic. I simply just melted a blob of butter onto the pancake, and sprinkled a little bit of cinnamon sugar around it. I've always liked to roll my pancakes, so I have to make sure that the butter and sugar is evenly spread over the circle of goodness, otherwise you end up with mouthfuls of just pancake, and all of the toppings in the centre of the roll. (It sounds like a crazy thing, but its a surefire way to run a perfect pancake experience)


This next one is a little bit more adventurous, and one of my brother's favourites. Again, its incredibly simple, all he did was sprinkle a few blueberries onto the pancake and then drizzled a little bit of maple syrup over them. Mmmm looks good.


More fruit on this one... Crazy huh. Anyway, for this little guy, all I did was chop up a few strawberries into four and sprinkle them over the pancake. Next (and this is the slightly unhealthy bit, but I know, its irresistible) I spread a teensy bit of nutella around the edges. 


And finally, this is the really naughty one! Basically, I just spread peanut butter down the middle of the pancake, sprinkled a few chocolate chips over it, and rolled it up for ultimate tastiness and joy.
This one could be really good as a dessert, or as a cheat breakfast if you fancy! I love the peanut butter and banana taste combinations, and this one is definitely my favourite!


So, let me know if you liked this recipe, or if you want more posts like this, and I'll see you next time!

M
x











3 comments: