Monday 30 May 2016

May Favourites 2016

HEY HEY HEY GUESS WHO'S BACK! It's me. I'm back and exam free and a hell of a lot happier than ever before.

I seem to recall being in an incredibly similar situation last year where exams took over and stress consumed me and the blog took a back seat, but then we whipped back into action with a May favourites, photographed poorly in a dirty window, and it looks like that's exactly what's happening again now!
This month's favourites are predominantly makeup based, as it's all I've really had a chance to enjoy during the exam period... 

BEAUTY:



Bourjois Paris - City Radiance Skin Perfecting Foundation

I have to be completely honest and admit that this is completely the wrong shade for me now, with a little bit of a tan, but also when I'm pale in the middle of winter. I bought the shade 01 - Rose Ivory for the Sixth Form Ball and I'd tried it out in Boots and thought 'yes this has got to be it, perfect first foundation'
I was so very wrong.
I soldiered on and wore it for the ball, completely regretting it the whole time, and I haven't been able to wear it as a full face foundation since.
So, you may be wondering "Mol, why the hell is it in a favourites?"
I'll tell you why, curious reader!
It just so happens to be absolutely fab as an under-eye concealer. As it is so pale and light, it works perfectly to brighten underneath the eyes, so I've been using it for this for a while and I'm really loving it. It's also been pretty useful to use for a bit of extra coverage on my forehead, where once a month ;) we get very spotty and gross, so I just slap a bit on there and it covers that up nicely.


MUA - Undress Your Skin Highlighter 

Cheap as chips but oh so gorgeous. This only cost £3 from Superdrug and I immediately fell in love with it. I bought it in the shade Pink Shimmer, which literally does exactly as it says on the tin. Its a beautiful bold pink shimmer. It's an incredibly pigmented and long lasting highlighter and I just love it. I've never owned a powder highlight before so I'm not really sure what brush is best to apply it with, so I've been using a foundation brush and it seems to be working pretty well... If you have any actual idea please let me know!


Soap & Glory - Wonderbronze Highlight and Sculpt Cheek Stick

I suppose this is a kind of cream contour stick, but with an extreme shimmer. I love it for an everyday quick contour, where I literally just whack a stipe under my non-existent cheekbones and blend with a huge fluffy brush and I'm good to go. But also, you can really build up the colour, making it perfect for a heavier look, which I have also tried and tested, and can confirm that it is perfect for parties!

Clinique - High Impact Mascara

This is a tiddly freebie that came with a Clinique order of my mum's and I LOVE IT! I know that I've said before that I've found my holy grail mascara but that has been severely and unceremoniously shoved out of its place by this little bad boy. Seriously, this just makes my lashes look so damn good. So long and luscious. It doesn't add much extra volume but it does absolute wonders for the length, especially if you have little stubby blonde lashes like me.


FASHION:



Adidas Superstars

If you know me well then you'll probably know that I have literally no clue about what shoes are cool. I usually just buy what I like and hope for the best, and this is exactly the case with these. I was just innocently browsing Asos and came across these and ordered them without thinking. Turns out that they're apparently quite cool and since then, I've seen them on everybody's feet everywhere.
I've never really been one for trainers but ohmygosh they are so comfy, like trotting around on a cloud. 


MISCELLANEOUS:




Urban Outfitters - Glitter polaroid frame

This is quite possibly one of the cutest frames I've ever seen ever. It's pretty simple, with just a slot in the back for a polaroid to fit, and it has an extended front filled with some kind of liquid and lots of silver glitter! Its so cute! I just love it.

Ok that's all for favourites this month, but I plan to be back very soon and I've got lots of ideas for the next few weeks, so I'll see you again soon!

James Morrison // You Give Me Something

M
x

1 comment: