Thursday 18 February 2016

Makeup Haul!


I'm back! Firstly, I need to apologise for my absence over these past few weeks... I initially planned to organise myself so that there was a post that went up the day before I went off to Arran, and then I planned to continue as normal once I got back... Unfortunately, I found myself in a slump after the return. I just had such a lovely time with so many lovely people that I came back with no motivation. But it's ok because I'm back now!
I've been collecting up all of my new beauty bits and bobs since Christmas, until I eventually had enough to use for a decent sized haul. I'm now left with no money, but I managed and I'm very very happy with all of the stuff that I've got to show...


Urban Decay - Naked 3 palette
To me, this is the most exciting of the lot! Last year I bought myself the original Naked palette and it's pretty much worn out already. I felt like it was time to switch it up a bit. Where the Naked palette has loads of lovely gold and brown shades, the Naked 3 palette is packed with pinks! I very quickly fell in love with these shades and I find that pinks go quite well with green eyes, which happen to be just what I've got. You can probably tell from the fact that it's the only block thats been dented, but my favourite shade is 'Trick', and it's the most beautiful shimmery rose gold colour. Even thinking about it makes me sigh. I love it so much.


Soap and Glory - Brow Archery 
Oh my j. I have never really been blessed in the brow department. I spent nearly 17 years of my life looking browless because they were just so blonde. But for most of that time, I didn't really care and I didn't see them as that much of a big deal. Eventually, I started to notice that everybody else seemed to have visible eyebrows with actual shape and I thought 'hang on, gotta fix this lads'. I started off slow with random pencils here and there but now I've tried this, I am most certainly never going back. I bought this in the shade 'Brownie Points', which admittedly is quite dark. I'm still trying to decide whether it is actually too dark for my face or whether I'm just not used to it. Anyway, it's a little double ended pencil with a waxy crayon end for shaping and keeping all the little hairs in place, and then a little pen end that tints. I am a big fan of this little guy.

Rimmel - Lasting Finish Powder Foundation
I have never ever worn foundation before. I'm just too scared. But the thing is, I really want to, and I feel like it will help to tie some makeup looks together and make them look more professional. Anyway, I thought I would start off with a powder and see how I get on with it. I went in blind, literally knowing nothing about foundations, and came out with this bad boy. I've got it in 002 soft beige, but honestly, I was testing them all out in Boots and I couldn't see the difference between any of the shades, so I just picked whatever. This is actually a pretty hench product, and it's in a really deep pot and I couldn't work out why. That is, until I dropped it as soon as I walked through the door. I have a history of smashing powders (accidentally of course, as it's completely heartbreaking), but I was SO LUCKY that it survived. It actually popped open the bottom secret hatch with the mirror and sponge, which explains why it's in such a thick pot.

Seventeen - Define and Conquer Contour Kit
Hopped on the bandwagon, didn't I. I have seen so many people raving about how fab this stuff is so I thought i'd give it a go. So far, I've only used it once, and I'm no pro, but it actually worked! It blends nicely and looks really natural. I also really love the packaging, like how it all looks so sleek and smooth. Good stuff.

MAC - Enchanted Eve eyeshadow palette
This was actually a present that my Dad chose for me for christmas, which I was so so so impressed by, because he is so clueless with makeup, and the fact that he thought to go to MAC has actually blown my mind. This palette is home to six beautiful warm brown shades. There's a mixture of shimmers and mattes, and all of them are lovely and silky and perfectly pigmented. I actually think that the two darkest shades would be perfect for filling in brows with, but then again... I'm new to the whole brow thing.




























Real Techniques Brushes
I don't need any more makeup brushes. Somebody please remind me next time I begin to hunt some more down. I now have a few more to add to my collection - the 100 arched powder brush, (which is the ridiculously massive, kind of flat one), tapered blush brush (which I was actually in need of), and 201 pointed crease brush (which is ideal for using with the MAC palette because the brush that came with that is pants) These brushes are so lusciously soft and fluffy, and now covered with makeup because I can't stop using them.

Maybelline Coloursensational - Coffe Craze
I am perfectly aware that I have millions of maybelline lipsticks, but I love them. I know I rave about lipsticks far too much, but THEY ARE JUST SO GREAT. I've had my eye on this shade since last summer, but as winter approached, I thought it might be a bit of an inappropriate shade, seeing as its quite light and nude. Oh well, I've got it now and I have been wearing it all through January, so I reckon I'm safe to wear it all year round. 

MAC - Blankety
I never thought that I would ever own any high end makeup in my life, and now here I sit, with two whole MAC lipsticks. I'm abolutely over the moon with these guys. I found this little beauty in duty free, coming back from Arran, (another reason why that trip was so so wonderful) and I've never really heard anybody talk bout this shade before. I thought i'd give it a go anyway, and so I did. So far, I am yet to find any lipstick that I don't like, so I reckon i'll start to branch out more and try new colours, seeing as I have a tendency to stick to pinky nudes, like this one.

If you've got any lipsticks that you love, please let me know in the comments!

Song of the Day - The Hunna // She's Casual

M
x

2 comments:

  1. I got this real nice J20 lip balm m8....totes recommend! ;) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yeah, I've heard good things about that... I think Kylie Jenner swears by it ;)

      Delete