Friday 25 March 2016

You're making me BLUSH

Spring is finally here and we're kicking off the new season with a selection of lovely blushes to spice things up a bit.
I never usually bother with blushes in Winter because, being honest, the cold does it for me. However, as the warmer weather slugs it's way towards us, I'm breaking out the blushes. Here are 5 of my faves...
(I'd also like to apologise for my painty fingers in these pictures, which I totally didn't realise until now... But this does lead me quite nicely onto my sorry excuse for being absent for ages. I've just had so much work to do and couldn't balance it all out, but its ok because I'm back now lads)


Bobbi Brown - 15 Desert Rose 
I have no idea how long this blush has been around, but it certainly isn't new. My mum bought it years ago and hated it, but kept it for when I grew up, and luckily I just happen to have grown up loving makeup, so it's now all mine.
It's not a very pinky pink, but it's also quite a pink blush, as far as blushes go. It's very easy to wear, and it's one of those products that you can just put on and you know it'll look ok without you having to do much to it.



Benefit - Dallas blush
This is one of the more bronze toned blushes, which I think could be why I like it so much. It's got a slight shimmer, which kind of acts as a highlighter as well, so its an excellent all round face product.


Kiko - 228 Infinity (eyeshadow)
I know that this looks terrifying, and you're probably thinking 
"Jeez mol, why would you ever want to put that on your face?"
I completely understand. When I bought it, I was a bit worried to even put it anywhere near my eyes. However, I actually think that it looks better as a blush than it does as an eyeshadow. cRazy stuff. As long as you go gently, it gives a really lovely pink glow.


Benefit - Benetint lip and cheek stain
Another scary one. I'd never have picked this product up in a shop and though "oh yeah, thats got to be for your cheeks" but somebody at Benefit clearly thought it was a good idea. I must admit, I'm really not that sure about it as a blush, but I quite like it as a lip stain (It tastes gross though)
I've never been able to get it on without it looking like a paint-by-numbers, and for me, it just doesn't blend in right.


Benefit - Dandelion and CORALista
The best of both worlds! This mix of the two blushes came as part of one of the sets they released at Christmas, and it's a pretty perfect combination. Unfortunately, as you might be able to see, I CRACKED IT! (Cry) I was desperately trying to get it out go the tin so that I could show it on its own, and I just felt it go, so I gave up and tried to smoosh it back into place. 
Dandelion is the pinker one on the left, and it's the one that I prefer of the two, but I think the idea is that you swirl them together and whack em on your cheeks. I think the little leaflet that comes with it suggests that you sweep it all over your face, but I'm not really into the tomato-ey look, so I just stick to my cheeks, but thats up to you.

What do you think?
Song of the Day - Robbie Williams // Rock DJ

M
x

No comments:

Post a Comment