Friday 3 July 2015

A Week in Hair Styles...

Hello!

Now, I'm probably the worst person to post about hair and how to style it, because I literally repeat the same two hairstyles every day and hope that nobody notices.  However, in an attempt to broaden my hairy horizons, I've decided to document how I've done my hair every day for a week. 
Wish me luck...

WEDNESDAY:


This really was a quick do today - simply parting my hair and plaiting very loosely, securing with a transparent elastic hairband. I then sort of just ran my fingers through it to rough it up and loosen the plaits even more. 
It felt especially good to have loose-goosy hair today, on the HOTTEST DAY OF THE YEAR!!! In England, we're lucky to even see the sun most days, so the ultimate heat was very well received!


THURSDAY:


I've always known that messy hair is my thang, so this hairdo was way up there with my favourites. Again, its totally simple. All I did (which you can't really see anyway!) was take small pieces of hair and plait them so that I was left with teensy cute braids. I also took small chunks of hair and backcombed them a little bit,  just to make it look super messy. 


Finishing off a diddly plait is a tricky business - I never know whether to use a tiny clear elastic band or whether its just too big for plaits so small? I've resorted to ever so slightly back combing them so that they don't come undone and aren't bulky, which works quite well. Although, it does make them a pain to brush out...



I also quite like to have one larger plait positioned sort of behind my ear, which I do use a hairband to fasten, and pull the strands out with my fingers to make it looser.


I know that you can't really see any of the plaits in these pictures, but my hair is veeery thin and lanky, so I like to position the plaits on the underneath of my hair as I find that it helps to make my hair look thicker and more healthy :) 

FRIDAY:



I've only recently learned how to french plait, so you could say that I've been wearing the life out of them recently. I feel like this half-plaited 'do is great for keeping hair out of your face and doesn't really take long to do, perfect for school!



All I did to achieve this was french plait the top section of my hair, down to about half way down the back of my head, before I stopped adding in more bits of hair and plaited the hair to the end, holding it in place with a clear hairband. 
Easy stuff.



SATURDAY:



Once again, not a particularly adventurous style, but a kind of classic. Everybody loves a bun; even my brother says its his favourite hairstyle for a girl to wear.
A loose and bobbly bun is my go-to 'do for days when my hair just won't do what I want it to!



I reckon most people know how to do a bun, but if you don't, all I do is gather my hair into a ponytail, usually keeping it loose and I tie it with a hairband. Next, I twist the ponytail until it naturally begins to curl and it wrap it around the band, either tying it with another band or slotting in bobby pins.

SUNDAY:

I can't stand a flat ponytail, so I like to seriously backcomb mine... I also like a really high ponytail, so I tend to put my hair up by flinging my hair upside down to get it as high up on my head and physically possible (or at least as high as I can get away with...)



MONDAY:



Here we go, something slightly different!
I'm not really sure what this would be called, or even how to describe it, but basically, 
its a twist at the back of my head. (Sounds attractive, I know...)



Looks pretty cool, huh?
Even better, its so easy! 
To make your hair do this wonderful thing, collect all of your hair at the back of your head in a low ponytail and tie loosely with a hairband. Next, make a gap in the hair, above the band, so that you can fit your fingers through. Flip the ponytail through the hole so that it creates a twisty loop and pull the band tighter if needed!


TUESDAY:



I looove having curly hair, but I hate having to curl my hair all the time, so I don't often do it, but what better way to end a blog post dedicated to hair?
 I don't know what it is about the process that makes me hate it so much, but I always find myself getting very hot and stressed and everything curls the wrong way and I usually end up rushing the last few sections, resulting in wonky, and wholly unattractive half waves. 
It's a nightmare, I tell ya.


  
However, I reckon I've found a solution to the pain, red facedness and overall uncomfortably long process. I separate my hair into four chunks and wrap them around the curling iron for about a minute each. Thats it. Crazy. I know it might only work for me because my hair is quite thin, but I really like the loose wave look that it gives. To hold the curls throughout the day, I simply spray it with a bit of hairspray and brush through it with my fingers to make it look a bit more natural, and less on the crispy side.

 So, theres my week in hairstyles! I really hope you like it! (I know I did! It was fab posing for my brother with the camera. Not sure he enjoyed it as much as me though...) 
Until next time,

M
x

No comments:

Post a Comment